As compared to other different types of hosting solutions, VPS package is relatively inexpensive. Hence, cost should be the first criterion that you need to take under account. The expense of a basic package can be as low as $20 a month. Aside from the monthly fees, you would also need to bear one-time setup fees. It is advisable to search for packages with money back guarantee. If for any reason you are dissatisfied with the service, the guarantee can enable you to receive your money back. Like shared and dedicated hosting, offshore VPS hosting plans also have some distinctive features. However, there are a number of important features that you ought to essentially keep an eye out for.
Ram capacity- the efficacy of the hosting plan primarily is dependent on the ram capacity. To run the operating system, control panel and various programs, you will need at least 512 MB of memory. If you wish to host more than 1 site, then select for 1 GB ram. If the traffic to your websites will increase erratically, then select a plan with burst ram. It is essentially a pool of memory that is exclusively provided to you for dealing with crises like high traffic inflow.
- CPU power- the processing capacity of the CPU should be high so that it is able to do computations speedily.
- Network throughput- VPS plans with relatively substantial network throughout should be chosen. Broader bandwidth can help your clients to send and receive data from the server immediately.
- Control panel- make certain the control panel is simple to use. Opt for the companies supplying cPanel or Plesk. They are the most reliable and user-friendly control panels for virtual servers.
- IP addresses- you would need at least two IP addresses; one, for the name server, and other, for your domain name to be contained inside. Normally, hosting companies provide 4 IP addresses. Evaluate your needs before choosing a hosting package.
- Server uptime assurance- throughout server downtime, your site would be inaccessible to the users. More server downtime would mean more loss of business. Hence, choose a VPS plan that provides 99.9% server uptime guarantee.
There are basically three kinds of virtual dedicated servers via – controlled, semi-managed and fully-managed. In the event of first one, you need to handle all of the applications, hardware and network problems. Depending on semi-managed offshore VPS hosting programs, you are allowed to personalize some software applications. As the name implies, fully managed plans are handled exclusively by the hosting company. Depending upon your requirements and technical expertise, you should pick any one of the virtual server.